This is really just a place holder that I’ll be updating while I examine the various was to skin the cat called storage clustering. My main focus will be for High Availability and as a shared storage back end for virtual machine clusters. Also the ability to roll as much myself for a minimal price point.
For the whole, I will mainly stick with linux solutions but I may dip into Solaris land. Mainly for a look see into the golden implementation of ZFS (which supports windows style ACL’s) and it’s implementation of COMSTAR (Common Multiprotocol SCSI Target) for when I examine ISCSI as a fabric.
On my list to expand upon further will be topics such as:
- RAID, ZFS, LVM abd cLVM, (vSAN), GFS2, GlusterFS
- Hyper converged infrastructure, oVirt and Red Hats offerings
- JBOD external enclosures, Fibre Channel, SAS (duel and single plained) and associated hardware, maybe infiniband.
- iSCSI (IET, LIO and SCST targets), ISER and SRP, NFS
- Napp-IT, Proxmox.
- The network fabric, topologies, 10G, 40G. SPF+, QSPF+, ethernet.
- Cluster managment, RDBD, pacemaker, corosync, fencing, STONITH.
- Authentication, Access and Accounting, monitoring, testing, validating, orchestration, backup, disaster recovery.
- Oh and the list goes on.